My Favorite TV Show: Mighty Boosh

cdsnotmp3s
These two shows may be unheard of, at least in the typical primetime network in the US. They are both produced by BBC and are incredibly addictive to watch. The first show, Mighty Boosh, has sadly ended production as far as I know. But it is about these two guys, Vince and Howard (played by Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding), who live together and also have a band. To put it very generally: they go through crazy shenanigans with many different (I won't say people because the characters aren't always human) beings, travel to different dimensions and seldom sing a boring song. My particular favorite song is the Eel Song by a character called 'The Hitcher' who dons a top hat and what looks like a white Lifesaver candy over his eye. I definitely recommend this show if you are a fan of Flight of the Conchords (the Mighty Boosh has/had a show and performs/performed live)and Doctor Who. Because let's face it, if you can't pull away from those two shows, then you will be sucked right in to the likes of Old Gregg.
My second favorite show would definitely have to be BBC's Sherlock. Besides the fact that the main protagonist (well, the fact that Sherlock is a protagonist or not is still being deduced) is played by none other than the gorgeous and talented Benedict Cumberbatch (he played in movies such as Atonement and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy alongside actors James McAvoy and Gary Oldman) who plays the part of a hyper-intelligent sociopath who has a constant hunger for solving 'un-solvable' crimes. He meets John Watson, played by Martin Freeman (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and The Hobbit), who has retired from the Army and is looking for a flatmate. Watson makes his way to 221B Baker Street where he is greeted by Mrs. Hudson, who is definitely not the housekeeper. Holmes and Watson team up together and become the ultimate crime-solving duo. The next season is still being filmed, and because I am so addicted, I get upset just thinking about how far away its release is. If you like British television, and good-looking men, then you will love these shows. They include comedy, tragedy, and all around good acting. My main reason for not being able to turn away from these shows: because they appeal to my wacky taste and are definitely not your everyday show. I'm not a typical girl, so I do not like typical shows. And that, my friends, is why these two shows are so addictive.