My Song: “Skyscraper” brought me into the light.

lollilols
Stuck in depression with nothing going right, I thought that all hope was lost and that nothing was worth doing anymore until I chanced upon “Skyscraper” on Youtube, an occurrence I will never forget. There could not have been a better person than Demi Lovato to sing this compelling song. Having been through many hardships before, she is able to put in just enough vulnerability to portray the pain, just enough strength to show the perseverance, and just enough emotion to show the passion. Through this song, Demi convinced me to keep trying and aim high even if my foundation falls apart and I have to start over from scratch. Anyone can be at ground zero, but to be able to build back up is what is important. From the song, “All my windows still are broken, but I’m standing on my feet” stood out the most and made me realize despite what happened, life still goes on, and like Demi did, I need to get back on my feet. So every time I start to feel lost again, I play “Skyscraper” and absorb Demi’s strength. I do not know where I would be without this song.