My Song: I Can Only Imagine

jmorris
“I can only imagine, What it will be like, When I walk, By your side” Mercy Me. As a young girl I experienced something that I never thought I would have to go through at such a young age. Although I didn’t see him everyday it is that special bond between to people that draw you closer to one another. My uncle passed away and to this day I still don’t know exactly why. The song that was played while I was on my way to my uncles’ funeral was “I Can Only Imagine” by Mercy Me. The previous lyric of the song particularly hits me hard because I think of me putting myself in those lyrics and thinking about what it would be like to walk by his side again. The song could be important to someone else in a different way but this is the only way I feel I have of holding onto my uncle. Every time I hear it I completely stop what I am doing just to listen to it. It will always be my favorite song.
It made a positive effect on me to just keep going even when times get rough. I feel like he is watching me to make sure I am doing everything to my full potential. He was always one to push me to do things and make me laugh at the mildest things. Keep your head up and look forward for your bright future. “What my eyes will see, When your face, Is before me, I can only imagine” I can not express enough how much I miss him and want to see him. Sometimes God takes the best thing that we have. The song helped me realize that he is in a better place now and is being taken care of. No matter what I will think of him and wonder what he’s up to. I tend to have bad days every now and then, and when I do I play this song to make it better and make me think that life isn’t so bad. Personally I feel like the song was the background track of the moment. Even though we were going to his funeral he was still the first thing on my mind. He will never leave the special, warm place called my heart.