My Song: Boys From Back Home

lbohl
Boys From Back Home
Music can impact people in a lot of different ways, when they are at their best and worst. In today’s world there are many different types of music, all the way from the fast, loud, and crazy hard rock to slow, calm, and quiet country. Many people listen to different genres of music, usually depending on what their family and or friends listen to. When I am having a bad day I will listen to some country music to sooth me and country usually puts me in a better mood. If my day is going good and I am ready to do something a lot of times I will listen to some up beat rap or rock.
The summer of 2012 was coming to an end and the recent graduates were slowly leaving home, and going to start their new lives. My best friend, who had actually been the older brother I had always wanted, was spending his last weekend at home with us. We had been tearing up just about everything we could, and decided to go drive around looking for deer. As we were driving down the country roads listening to some country, the song “Boys From Back Home” by Logan Mize came on the radio. Both of us were kind of down in the dumps about him leaving so the song was a perfect fit for the mood we were in. “Countin' down to graduation / seemed like it would take forever / little did we know / It'd be the / last time we'd all be together / Hats off to the man overseas / fightin battles for / you and me / Lord knows he'll always be / one of the boys from back home” (Logan Mize). These word from Logan Mize really got into our heads. Two men from his class left to go to the Marines, four of our really good friends had already moved away, and this song we have listened to before. The song really put us in a better mood more than anything. We know how everything is going to happen but also, made a pact to each other that we wouldn’t just disappear and will stay in contact with each other. Tanner and I also talked about how our little group would never split up and we will always be down to hang out with the boys from back home. “The Boys From Back Home” really talked about the same thing were going through. After, listening to this song it made me think more about leaving and how much I don’t want to leave. As much as I dislike this town, it is my hometown, I grew up here, had my ups and downs here, and hope to end up back in this great ole town.