My Song: Hey Jude

artfreak889
A deluge of water rains down.
The same old routine again;
the girls never stop.

They laugh, oh they laugh!
they smile those wicked smiles with
canine claws and snapping jaws

breaking that heart of mine.

But one day, after pitifully limping away to
cry in the arms of my own despair,
I heard a quiet tune, a

Beatles song saying:
"Hey Jude, don't be afraid..."
it quavered from my own lips.

And I stood up again.
And I smiled again.
And I never, ever, forgot my song.
Comment by bugcandy

Congratulations - your essay above has been named a semi-finalist in the July and August StageofLife.com writing contest (where we asked people to share a story about how music played an important role during a unique time in their life).

We had over 9,500 people from around the world visit the StageofLife.com writing contest page during the summer and nearly 200 submitted qualifying essays.

43 essays were named finalists (one of which is yours).

To read a recap of the writing contest, see links to the qualifying essays, and find out who the runners-up and winner are (announced after September 15th, 2012) visit this page: http://www.stageoflife.com/music.aspx

Our 26 Editors are now reviewing the finalists. We'll make an announcement on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/StageofLife) and via email when the winner is selected.

Thanks again for sharing your story on Stage of Life. Please share the news of being named a finalist with your friends, family and via Facebook / Twitter.

Great essay above, and best of luck!

Stay tuned!

Eric
CEO, StageofLife.com

P.S. If you haven't checked out the current writing contest, you can get to it from here: http://www.stageoflife.com/Writing_Contests.aspx
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 7:39:46 PM