STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Song: “Whenever You Remember” by Carrie Underwood gave me comfort in lonely times.

writer-mind
Goodbyes are inevitable. We all fear the possibility of being forgotten by those we once loved. To leave behind those who have been with us for a part of our journey feels like leaving behind a piece of ourselves. We are left to dwell in the memories we create with the help of each other.

I’ve met many extraordinary people in my life, each perfect in their own unusual ways. I believe that everyone we meet in a lifetime leaves an impact, positive or not, on who we eventually become.

I left behind my best friends when I left my hometown for high school. As of now, I still haven’t met anyone that can replace them. My best friends are so prominent in the personality that developed within me, and we learned so much from each other. We understood each other, and always heard beyond the words that we spoke. It’s as if the six of us came together, put a bit of our best qualities into a large mixing bowl, and in the end, each walked into high school with an intangible piece of each other in our minds and hearts. I miss them whenever I realize how lonely I am at school without them. I miss them whenever I need someone who understands me to talk to. I miss them whenever I remember.

"When you think back on all we've done

I hope you're proud

When you look back and see how far we've come

It was our time to shine

And nobody could hold us down

They thought they'd see us fall

But we, we stood so tall

And no we won't forget

Whenever you remember times gone by

Remember how we held our heads so high

When all this world was there for us

And we believed that we could touch the sky

Whenever you remember, I'll be there

Remember how we reached that dream together

Whenever you remember"

“Whenever You Remember” by Carrie Underwood brought tears to my eyes when I first listened to it. My mind would automatically drift back to all the great times we had together. It was impossibly sad to come to terms with the fact that all those laughs and heart-to-hearts were behind us, never to be experienced in the same way ever again.

However, as I listened to Carrie’s song more often, it became the soundtrack of my times in middle school, the times of meeting those amazing people and finding our way through the hallways together for a lovely three years. I also came to realize that although it was exciting then, I wouldn’t choose to go back in time to relive it all. The excitement came with the time and people we were during it. To have been part of the beautiful experience itself made me a very lucky teenager, and I am blessed with the ability to remember, to cherish those times as they were.

Rate this:
Comment by anke99

I am very near about to get the recovery of my windows and it occur when plans not working very well windows 10 recovery usb and you are trying for the recover of your previous data also so it will work very good.
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 7:34:00 AM
Rate this:
Comment by itsalina

I don't know, that is the esteem I was advised to use by the educator. Do I have to reconsider it and assignment writing service. I am going insane endeavoring to doing these figurings in my post-lab task
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:47:17 AM
Rate this:
Comment by Michael12

Forgotten loved once is not an easy thing for most of the people but after some time life goes on things changing and slowly forget about that person and in the life you meet lots of people but there are people who leave an impact on you sometimes it’s positive or sometimes it’s negative and listening this type makes you feel better I am listening to songs while doing assignment writing help and most of the times listening to songs all alone feels better like this song is very good.
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2019 9:46:08 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy