My song: “Three little birds” keep me a float even on the windiest of days

krispy15
Bob Marley was introduced to me at a very young age. His soothing voice ringed through the car as I road to school every morning. I used to pound my hands on the seat as if it was a drum. I would belt it out as if I could singer. As the years went by, and my musical taste decreased with a new found love for the spice girls, Marley still was hidden within. When I was seven I meet a person that would change my life forever. Thirty years my senior Christine Roberts become my best friend, my second mom, my role model, form the moment I meet her I have become a better person. Yes it seems weird a thirty something year old and a seven year old best friends but in an odd way we needed each other. When Christine had a bad day, if her dog pooped all over the freshly clean carpet, I would call and sing. I would sing “Three little birds” by Bob Marley as well as I could…”don’t worry about a thing cause every little thing is goanna to be alright”. Christine would always call back and say how her day was better because I had sung. As the years went by, as I started to grow up and have problems of my own, she would sing it to me, or we would email it back and forth. It was a way for me to show her that even though I couldn’t fix her problems that I was still there for her. Are friendship grew over time, I couldn’t have imagined life without her. My mom and Christine were best friends, they both were into biking, Biking where you go eighty miles for fun and were spandex for comfort. 2 years ago when they were doing a race Christine crashed hitting her head against the payment. Even thought she was wearing a helmet and her gorgeous spandex her scull cracked. Christine did not die from the blow, she was Alive but in a coma. With tubes going every direction you can imagine she didn’t awake for months. I sat in the waiting room with her family thinking why her. I remembered those three little birds, I knowing the tune by heart hummed it in my head, I pounded the hospital chair with the beat, and whished the lyrics were true. I knowing it might be the last time I see her alive. I Approached the side of the bed were she lay tubes and all and sang in her ear “don’t worry about a thing cause every little thing is goanna be alright” to tell her that I was there. She eventually awoke, and from then on I hum that tune when I feel like the world is against me. It reminds me that life is good and it gives me hope that it will be ok.