STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My song: “Three little birds” keep me a float even on the windiest of days

krispy15
Bob Marley was introduced to me at a very young age. His soothing voice ringed through the car as I road to school every morning. I used to pound my hands on the seat as if it was a drum. I would belt it out as if I could singer. As the years went by, and my musical taste decreased with a new found love for the spice girls, Marley still was hidden within. When I was seven I meet a person that would change my life forever. Thirty years my senior Christine Roberts become my best friend, my second mom, my role model, form the moment I meet her I have become a better person. Yes it seems weird a thirty something year old and a seven year old best friends but in an odd way we needed each other. When Christine had a bad day, if her dog pooped all over the freshly clean carpet, I would call and sing. I would sing “Three little birds” by Bob Marley as well as I could…”don’t worry about a thing cause every little thing is goanna to be alright”. Christine would always call back and say how her day was better because I had sung. As the years went by, as I started to grow up and have problems of my own, she would sing it to me, or we would email it back and forth. It was a way for me to show her that even though I couldn’t fix her problems that I was still there for her. Are friendship grew over time, I couldn’t have imagined life without her. My mom and Christine were best friends, they both were into biking, Biking where you go eighty miles for fun and were spandex for comfort. 2 years ago when they were doing a race Christine crashed hitting her head against the payment. Even thought she was wearing a helmet and her gorgeous spandex her scull cracked. Christine did not die from the blow, she was Alive but in a coma. With tubes going every direction you can imagine she didn’t awake for months. I sat in the waiting room with her family thinking why her. I remembered those three little birds, I knowing the tune by heart hummed it in my head, I pounded the hospital chair with the beat, and whished the lyrics were true. I knowing it might be the last time I see her alive. I Approached the side of the bed were she lay tubes and all and sang in her ear “don’t worry about a thing cause every little thing is goanna be alright” to tell her that I was there. She eventually awoke, and from then on I hum that tune when I feel like the world is against me. It reminds me that life is good and it gives me hope that it will be ok.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy