My Song: The Music of Christ Helped Me Reach God

ninjasareawesome
The soft, euphonious music gently lifted us and gathered us at the front of the church sanctuary for us to request forgiveness from God. The speaker urged us to pray, her voice rising in volume gradually.
“Confess your sins to God,” her voice echoed in the vast sanctuary.
“Repent to God for your sins!” She cried out, as the ambiance grew tighter. I started praying, apologizing for my sins, asking for forgiveness.
“Now is the time to truly express to God how much you’d like to get rid of your sins!” The speaker went on, encouraging us. Like always, I prayed, asking God to whisk my sins away. I prayed for my sins to be lifted off my shoulders, I prayed to be purified. I had never expected what was to strike then. Tears began to well up in my eyes involuntarily, rapidly overflowing in trickles down my face. This indication didn’t prepare me for my next reaction, either, though. My whole body started to shake, my tears were quickening, yet when I tried to stop, I couldn’t. I started crying, my breaths coming out ragged and quick. When my sobbing slowed down, my bible study teacher, Esther, hugged me close to her, whispering words of prayer for me. The speaker’s voice now decreased, ending with,
“Thank you.”
I knew, deep inside my heart, that God the Holy Spirit had reached inside me and cleansed me, forgiven me, had made it known that He will always be with me. As I reflect on this memory, I realize that the most important, effectual music for me was the speaker’s voice. She wasn’t singing, she wasn’t urging us in a sing-song voice, yet I consider her voice as my music. She has helped me meet God, she has impacted me the most. Opinions differ, but I think that music is not only notes and tones. I think of music as a beautiful image, a scene of unspeakable joy, a mother cradling you, a worry-chaser, and an effect. The speaker’s voice was a bridge, and I took that bridge where God had been waiting forever. Because of this experience, I now truly believe in God, believe in his existence, his glory. I am convinced that now I am a true Christian, a believer of the Holy Spirit, the Father, the Son. Thank you my special speaker, and may God bless you!