My Song: “Good morning” made me realize that I need to forget about yesterday, and look toward today!

Godslittlewriter35
Music. It has a certain ability to provoke feelings in us. Depending on the genre of music, one can feel genuinely happy and encouraged, or perhaps overwhelmed with guilt or sadness. Not only does music arouse a variety of different feelings in us, it has a talent for sneaking into our lives without us noticing—it is all around us. You can hear it in restrooms, vehicles, elevators, offices, stores, and even on the streets. Music is highly appreciated for the message it portrays in each song. While I love many genres of music, I particularly appreciate contemporary Christian. This is usually the type of music I listen to as I travel from place to place in my car. Quite recently, I experienced an amazing feeling that was motivated by music. I was on my way to a friend’s house when I began experiencing a major break down. I was already running late and my car needed gas. In addition, I was stressing over everything imaginable. My boyfriend was about to leave for college and I wanted to cry about that. My car lacked air conditioning, so I was extremely sweaty and I wanted to cry about that. I was getting laid off from my job, so I wanted to cry about that. I was about to start my senior year of high school, so I want to cry about that (As you might know, women can be a bit melodramatic at times!) Quite obviously, I wanted to cry! And so I did. There I was, driving on a back road trying my best to wipe the tears from my eyes so I wouldn’t crash. That’s when a song began playing on the radio. I later found out that it was called, “Good Morning.” The song immediately began with rhythmic clapping and an upbeat melody, which grabbed my attention. I turned the volume up, so I could understand the lyrics. A popular singer, Mandisa began the verse, “Wave away my yesterday, cause I’m leaving it behind me. Hello sunshine, come what may. I feel something new inside me. I hear the birds singing. Now my alarm’s ringing; get up, get up, hey!” Subconsciously, I began tapping my foot to the rhythm. While that verse made me smile inside, it wasn’t until the chorus that my smile shone bright. “It’s a good morning! Wake up to a brand new day. This morning, I’m stepping, stepping on my way. Good morning! You give me strength, you give me just what I need, and I can feel the hope that’s rising in me. It’s a good morning!” It was at this point that I let out a quiet laugh. Oh the irony! Here I am crying my eyes out about how miserable I am and these lyrics suggest me having a good morning. But luckily it worked! It left me with a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Music has a knack for doing that. It really is amazing!
Comment by SOFLarchive

Good essay. We do feel good when listening to music. I'm sorry of what you went through. You'll get through this. Don't give up on yourself! Sometimes, the next day is a better day than the one before.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:14:28 PM