STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Song: The Chair by George Strait brings tears and somewhat a smile to my face.

DemiJuliet
It started off Freshman year, I had really liked this guy but he was so confusing, one moment he liked me, the next he didn't. But I didn't care, I liked him a lot. It was the first day of school and I walked into my 6th period English class. We got to sit wherever we wanted so I sat with my friends. Since I talk a lot I got moved in front of this guy. I didn't know him. He was skinny, had braces, and wore baggy clothes that didn't fit him. He said that was his comfortable look. I didn't judge he seemed cool. So I started turing around to talk to him a lot. He would always be listening to his phone so one day I took his phone and he was listening to Country. Which shocked me because he didn't really seem like the type to listen to that kind of music. We started getting closer and he ended up being my best friend, so I told him EVERYTHING about that other guy that I liked and how he would hurt me. Everyday when I walked into class he had a smile on his face. As soon as I would sit down, he would take out his phone and we would listen to it. One day he put on The Chair, and for no reason at all. He sang it to me. NO ONE had ever done that before. After that, I fell in love with that song. That song ended up becoming "Our" song. That was always the first song we'd listen to! So the school year ended and we finally got together Sophomore year. Still with the same song. We'd play it all the time. Dance to it in front of anyone. Everytime we'd go to a party or debut we'd always ask them to play that song and when they did we took up the whole floor dancing. Junior year came. And we were still stuck with the same song! The end of that year though, we broke up.... and about 1 or 2 months later, he found someone else... we were together for 1 year and 3 months by the way.. One day he wanted to talk to me, so we talked. It was so hard not to cry. But he ended up crying first and then I did. He hugged me tight and picked me up, and swung me around. I couldn't stop crying and neither could he. He put me down, and I pushed him away. Then he pulled me into him and I looked up to him and said, "You let her take my chair."

Now i'm going to be a senior, and i'm still not over him, and now someone else is taking my chair. and all I really want. is to have it back.
But that song brings a bunch of tears to my eyes, but I can't stop listening to it....
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy