My Song: "Somewhere Only We Know": The Place That Will Not Forget Me Either

Somethinker248
Who Am I? What have I been doing with my life over the past couple of years? I looked down. I stare at the white carpet, almost as if I am in a trance of some sort. The questions; why do they insist on coming back from the dark corner of my mind? This cannot be all. There has to be more than this.
For the past few days of my adolescence, (I was sixteen years old) my mind decided to question and test the boundaries of my thinking process in a philosophical way. I started to think more, and speak less. In certain places I went to, such as a soccer field or school, I just sat there, pondering. I felt worried, as if my brain wanted to start a physiological war with my older methods of thinking. What was I worrying about? I grew frustrated as the days went on. With the parents I have, they knew something was wrong. When they asked, I just could not think of the right words to say. I started to lose my edge in school, having to tell myself to pay attention more often when the teacher was talking. The questions continued. Why learn? What is going to happen in my future? What will Alejandro Fredes become in several years, or in a few days from now?
I was on the Internet one day, when I notice a song name that seemed to catch my eye. Keane- Somewhere Only We Know. I have always been someone who was open to new things, no matter who it was for. I watch the video, and the music begins.

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

“Oh; what a beautiful verse!” I told myself. I continued to listen to the rest of the song.

Oh simple thing where have you gone?
So tell me when you're gonna let me in

The song almost felt as if it was written in a form of a poem. I thought to myself for a bit. Then, I realized something. I learned that life is something that can become a beautiful thing. There is more to life then what I have been doing, and certainly it is waiting for me. Life should be worry free, the way it was intended to be, with no boundaries on what can be done. A voice rang through my head.

There is more than this…