STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Song: "Somewhere Only We Know": The Place That Will Not Forget Me Either

Somethinker248
Who Am I? What have I been doing with my life over the past couple of years? I looked down. I stare at the white carpet, almost as if I am in a trance of some sort. The questions; why do they insist on coming back from the dark corner of my mind? This cannot be all. There has to be more than this.
For the past few days of my adolescence, (I was sixteen years old) my mind decided to question and test the boundaries of my thinking process in a philosophical way. I started to think more, and speak less. In certain places I went to, such as a soccer field or school, I just sat there, pondering. I felt worried, as if my brain wanted to start a physiological war with my older methods of thinking. What was I worrying about? I grew frustrated as the days went on. With the parents I have, they knew something was wrong. When they asked, I just could not think of the right words to say. I started to lose my edge in school, having to tell myself to pay attention more often when the teacher was talking. The questions continued. Why learn? What is going to happen in my future? What will Alejandro Fredes become in several years, or in a few days from now?
I was on the Internet one day, when I notice a song name that seemed to catch my eye. Keane- Somewhere Only We Know. I have always been someone who was open to new things, no matter who it was for. I watch the video, and the music begins.

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete
Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

“Oh; what a beautiful verse!” I told myself. I continued to listen to the rest of the song.

Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin

The song almost felt as if it was written in a form of a poem. I thought to myself for a bit. Then, I realized something. I learned that life is something that can become a beautiful thing. There is more to life then what I have been doing, and certainly it is waiting for me. Life should be worry free, the way it was intended to be, with no boundaries on what can be done. A voice rang through my head.

There is more than this…
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy