My Song: "Ours" By Taylor Swift Taught me to live life by my own rules.

lindsayo50
A song that has had a great impact on my life is "Ours" by Taylor Swift. This song has taught me that people are quick to judge and that you have to learn to not let their opinions take a toll on you. When your in High School everyone is so worried about what others think about them and being accepted into the "it" crowd. People do silly things and it doesn't always lead to the best outcome. This song showed me that people will always voice their opinions but you can't let it get to you. "Seems like there's always someone who disapproves They'll judge it like they know about me and you And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do" This quote from the song really had an effect on me because it made an impact, I could truly relate to these lyrics. Most songs today are not relatable, they set up situations that are not usual for the modern teen. This song is special to me because it helped me through a vital time in my life by teaching me to pretty much live the life I want and don't let people's words have an effect on me.