My Song: Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum- A Tribute to the Guy Who Sees Me as a Friend

Aforgottenmemory
The song blasts out of my stereo system while I sing along and my brother yells for me to turn it down. I jump up and down on my bed, while I struggle to keep the sunglasses on my face. I was never really into Lady Antebellum but this song describes the unvoiced feelings I have for a certain boy.
Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright.
No I don't wanna mess this thing up, I don't wanna push too far.
Just a shot in the dark that you might, be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight.
As soon as the last note escaped my lips I felt the tears well up in my eyes and streak down my cheeks. I thought over and over again why can't we just be like this song? Why does he have to have a girlfriend? Why am I not his girlfriend? Eventually my thoughts were vocalized even though I hadn't realized it. Then I heard someone running up the stairs and he slowly opened my door. I was silently sobbing now trying to push those thoughts away. It was nice to have him around and to not have those thoughts stinging my brain. He greeted me with a hey friend what's wrong? Then the thoughts and tears became impossible to hold back.
I mumbled into his shoulder that I'll love him forever. I just didn't expect him to say it back. Then he kissed me on my forehead before telling me that I'm the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He left on that note while confusion painted pictures on my face.
Comment by SOFLarchive

Nice essay. Sorry about what you went through. Happens to some people. I like the song.
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:05:19 AM
Comment by Aforgottenmemory

Thanks it's one of my favorite Lady Antebellum songs.
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:25:35 PM