STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Song: Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum- A Tribute to the Guy Who Sees Me as a Friend

Aforgottenmemory
The song blasts out of my stereo system while I sing along and my brother yells for me to turn it down. I jump up and down on my bed, while I struggle to keep the sunglasses on my face. I was never really into Lady Antebellum but this song describes the unvoiced feelings I have for a certain boy.
Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright.
No I don't wanna mess this thing up, I don't wanna push too far.
Just a shot in the dark that you might, be the one I've been waiting for my whole life
So baby I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight.
As soon as the last note escaped my lips I felt the tears well up in my eyes and streak down my cheeks. I thought over and over again why can't we just be like this song? Why does he have to have a girlfriend? Why am I not his girlfriend? Eventually my thoughts were vocalized even though I hadn't realized it. Then I heard someone running up the stairs and he slowly opened my door. I was silently sobbing now trying to push those thoughts away. It was nice to have him around and to not have those thoughts stinging my brain. He greeted me with a hey friend what's wrong? Then the thoughts and tears became impossible to hold back.
I mumbled into his shoulder that I'll love him forever. I just didn't expect him to say it back. Then he kissed me on my forehead before telling me that I'm the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He left on that note while confusion painted pictures on my face.
So baby I'm alright with just a kiss goodnight.
Rate this:
Comment by SOFLarchive

Nice essay. Sorry about what you went through. Happens to some people. I like the song.
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:05:19 AM
Rate this:
Comment by Aforgottenmemory

Thanks it's one of my favorite Lady Antebellum songs.
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:25:35 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy