My Song: "Aaron's Party" by Aaron Carter Helped Me Through Middle School

Lifexlove
Middle school. Usually the toughest time in a person's life. It entails bullies, mean teachers, friendships, and a million other little tests that the average tween must go through. For me, I had that one song that helped me get through it all. "Aaron's Party" by Aaron Carter may be a lighthearted song about a young teen throwing a party behind his parents' back, but for me it was a way to cheer myself up after rough days at my public middle school. The story and lyrics were so funny and flowed so well together it was always able to put a smile on my face even if I came home near tears.
The song was part of my childhood, it came out when I was just four, and I got the album (Aaron's Party) for Christmas. I thought the songs were great and I knew the words to all the songs by the time New Year's came around, and I remember listening to them as the ball dropped on my portable CD player.
When I started middle school, I knew right off the bat that this was going to be a rocky trip. You have kids from four different elementary schools and dozens of different cultures and lifestyles and personality types thrown into one giant school together for four years. I was bullied and teased for no reason, my small friendship circle was changing constantly, and I also had to try to keep high grades, even though I was in two advanced classes. “Aaron’s Party”, a song I had not listened to for five or six years now, popped into my head one day after a particularly tough day. I dug around in my room until I found the CD case, all beaten up and the song list torn, but the CD itself unscratched. I put the CD into my Playstation 2, and I listened to the song. I was surprised to find that I still remembered all the lyrics to not only “Aaron’s Party” but nearly every song on the CD. I kept that CD close by, listening to the songs, but “Aaron’s Party” was always the one I turned to. When I finally got an iPod shuffle, “Aaron’s Party” was one of the first songs I put on it. That song helped me get through bullies, friends, mean teachers, and every single one of the little tests the average tween must go through.
Now in high school, I still listen to that song every once in a while, not only as a reminder of my peaceful childhood, but how the song helped me through the difficult pre-teen years of middle school.
Comment by SOFLarchive

Nice essay. I know how you felt. I'm sorry about what you went through in middle school. Glad the song cheered you up.
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:03:08 AM
Comment by Lifexlove

Thank you for reading my essay and thank you for your kind comment. The song did help me through middle school and I hoped sharing my story would help and inspire others to be strong. I'm glad my essay reached someone.
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:46:40 AM