My Song: Unwanted by Avril Lavigne from the album Let Go made me feel more understood.

Forgotten Shadow
There's nothing more frightening to the human mind than to be purposefully excluded from a group. That proves true. The song Unwanted helped me feel more understood because of rejection from a group. In Middle School, I was considered to be at the lower part of the social food chain. I had one group of friends and most of them were kinda preppy. Most of them didn't like me and excluded me and one other girl. Even my best friend would leave us out! At that point, the line "I just don't understand why you won't talk to me." I really didn't get it. Everyday, it was the same. I'd try to get them to like me by talking more but when I did, they just looked through me and ignored me. The line "I had a smile on my face and I sat up straight." Really explains how every day I tried to get them to like me. I didn't get it. I wasn't that weird. Was I? They talked about me behind my back and ignored me. Whenever they talked about me behind my back, which I knew they did, this ran through my head "It hurts that I'm so unwanted for nothing. Don't talk words against me." I wanted noticed but no one did. "You don't know me, don't ignore me. You don't want me there, you just shut me out. You don't know me, don't ignore me. If you had your way, you'd just shut me out, make me go away." They wanted me gone. They got their wish, I left and went where I belonged.
Comment by Star

Darlin, are you saying im low in the food chain? xD Forgotten, you forgot to mention the album name, and a few of the lyrics that really stuck out to you and say what it meant you :)
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:46:31 AM