STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My song: “Welcome to My Life” by Simple Plan really strike home to me.

RainStorm

I wasn’t really wanted when before I was born; my biological dad gave up his rights to me before he even knew what I was, and my biological mom had to give me up to protect me from him. My adopted dad committed suicide when I was two, and my adopted mom has horrible choice in what person she loves or lives with. I’ve always felt out of place and left out, constantly lied to, and it’s made me reclusive. I’m always in my room unless someone makes me come out. I’ve felt hurt and pushed to be someone I’m not because of what gender I am, or because I’m a certain age. I’ve been told I know nothing when all I really do is research, think, and debate. I’ve raised myself, yet I’ve also become a people-pleaser or rather I was up until a year or so ago. After I delved into music and English literature I’ve become even more aware of who I am and what I want to be. I know some of my choice will lead me down a longer road and drop me into a mistake or two, but I know this and I plan on always finding a way to make my life my life.

I’ve constantly felt kicked when I’m down and that I should be someone else, but listening to this song is aspiring me to be not feel that anymore. “Are you desperate to find something more?” I am. I am willing to use every rope I can and burn any bridges that don’t accept me because what I do with my life. I’ve been stuck in a world within a world because of people that control me and abuse me; I’ve been told lies and hearing two or three different stories from people leaves me wondering, “Who can I trust.” I’ve been lied to right in my face; promised something so many times have then be stabbed in the back.

I listened to “Welcome to My Life” when I’ve been told it’s not my life until I’m eighteen and thought “So you’re controlling my heart, my thoughts?” This song has kept from losing it when I’m pushed to the edge and no one’s there to tell me it’s okay and defend me. This song has helped me realize that though I’m not the only one in a bad situation and that there are worse situations than mine, my situation is still relevant and that you’re welcome to know it is my life.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy