STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Song " All You Did Was Save My Life " reminds me to never give up.

Kristen L
This is an amazing song by an incredible Canadian band. I first heard it a long time, and when I recently heard it – I really understood the meaning behind it. In my opinion, it is about someone saving another’s life in any way. It doesn’t matter what the person was dealing with , but what matters is that someone showed that they matter and that it is possible to get better.
I have been diagnosed with depression, and suffer from self harm. I have had many ups and downs, but I always try to find the best in everything. To some, it may seem as though depression could be a set back but to me – it’s just another blessing. Darkness too can bring light into your life.
I have had one very important person walk into my life one day. She has been there for me always , and now that I am on my road to recovery she is still there. She truly did save my life. I have no idea where I’d be without her help today. I have learned from her that it is okay to ask for help sometimes, and it’s never a possibility to keep emotions or thoughts bottled up. It always helps to talk about things. That is why I love this song, because it reminds me that I am better now.
“You saw hope in the hopeless”, explains so much of my relationship with her because she truly believed in me when nobody else did. She never gave up on me. When everyone else walked out, she stayed.
“The story's been told a million times, but it's different when it's your life” is another quote that I can relate to. Normally, when you deal with a mental illness in your life, people like to make up stories and spread rumors about you. These usually are the people who have no idea what it’s like. They like to judge, and make assumptions about why you do the things you do. I’ve had people say that self harm is just a way to get attention, when it’s obviously much more then that. Nobody can understand, unless they’ve been there themselves.
I don’t need anyone to agree with what I have done or am going to do in my life. I just need them to support me, and stand by me no matter what.
I now know that you can’t give up when life sucks. You need to fight like hell, and never back down. Tragedies and sucky things are going to be there to try to tear you down. Rip you into a thousand different pieces. You gotta fight hard to make sure you’re still alive. Pain is a fact of life, it’s always going to be there. It’s there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better... and that something is worth fighting for.
“All You Did Was Save My Life” by Our Lady Peace is a song that always inspires me to get up and keep going when I’m having a tough day. I definitely recommend it to anyone who’s having a rough day.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy