My Song " All You Did Was Save My Life " reminds me to never give up.

Kristen L
This is an amazing song by an incredible Canadian band. I first heard it a long time, and when I recently heard it – I really understood the meaning behind it. In my opinion, it is about someone saving another’s life in any way. It doesn’t matter what the person was dealing with , but what matters is that someone showed that they matter and that it is possible to get better.
I have been diagnosed with depression, and suffer from self harm. I have had many ups and downs, but I always try to find the best in everything. To some, it may seem as though depression could be a set back but to me – it’s just another blessing. Darkness too can bring light into your life.
I have had one very important person walk into my life one day. She has been there for me always , and now that I am on my road to recovery she is still there. She truly did save my life. I have no idea where I’d be without her help today. I have learned from her that it is okay to ask for help sometimes, and it’s never a possibility to keep emotions or thoughts bottled up. It always helps to talk about things. That is why I love this song, because it reminds me that I am better now.
“You saw hope in the hopeless”, explains so much of my relationship with her because she truly believed in me when nobody else did. She never gave up on me. When everyone else walked out, she stayed.
“The story's been told a million times, but it's different when it's your life” is another quote that I can relate to. Normally, when you deal with a mental illness in your life, people like to make up stories and spread rumors about you. These usually are the people who have no idea what it’s like. They like to judge, and make assumptions about why you do the things you do. I’ve had people say that self harm is just a way to get attention, when it’s obviously much more then that. Nobody can understand, unless they’ve been there themselves.
I don’t need anyone to agree with what I have done or am going to do in my life. I just need them to support me, and stand by me no matter what.
I now know that you can’t give up when life sucks. You need to fight like hell, and never back down. Tragedies and sucky things are going to be there to try to tear you down. Rip you into a thousand different pieces. You gotta fight hard to make sure you’re still alive. Pain is a fact of life, it’s always going to be there. It’s there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better... and that something is worth fighting for.
“All You Did Was Save My Life” by Our Lady Peace is a song that always inspires me to get up and keep going when I’m having a tough day. I definitely recommend it to anyone who’s having a rough day.