Nature: My Inspiration

rightwriter
There is a certain power, a certain energy, a certain magic that is springtime.
The air is that perfect temperature – not too hot nor too cold – and it blends with your body and you become one. You can feel the presence of it around you, and within you.
The wind flips through the trees’ few, new leaves and makes them shuffle.
The bushes, which had been so humble and imperceptible all year, begin to bloom with a confidence that you can only marvel at. Each spring, you are surprised by this surfacing of their second identity. Each spring you remember as if it is the first time.
When you step outside the air envelops you. The air, that smells of the blooming bushes and of hope. It permeates your skin and you inhale, slowly, taking it in. You let it renew your body, wearied by winter. You let it fill you once more, with all that had been drained by the rapacious cold. You are whole again.
You stand, motionless, transfixed.
The faint drone of waking insects, the eager queries and timid answers of hopeful birds – it all blends into a silence rich with expectation.
You can feel the genesis of new life beneath your feet, young sprouts clawing to the surface with untold tenacity. Soon, you know, they will break through the crust and see the sun, but for now there is only pregnant stillness. Everything, everyone, is waiting, just waiting. Ready.
You are ready, too.
The resolute sprouts in the hard ground fuel you. The silence charges you, and you feel a tingle as you thaw. A power, a brilliance, comes flooding through your strong, full form.
Now, it is time.
Now.
The silence yields to the lively din of new life. It bursts through the mud; it cracks through the eggs; it squeezes through the stems; it shoots out of the bulbs. It rises up within you.
You are reborn.
Each spring, like it is the first time.