Nature: Missing The Simplicity of Nature in The Complexity of Our Modern Society

nfkhan
Before there was the invention of anything, even before light, there was just simply nature. In our modern society we no longer even have just cell phones, but rather smart phones. We no longer have just computers but laptops such as macs. There is no such thing as a simple MP3 player but an iPod touch. There is nothing simple about our society. If someone from the 18th century were to be transferred into modern times, they would be completely lost, but just the same would occur if someone from our present 21st century were to go back in time to the 18th century. Our society has created entire television shows where the challenge has become to live without technology in nature. Since when has nature become a punishment? Older generations like to talk about how before there was all this technology, kids used to enjoy nature and experience it with joy, but kids simply write his off as something that they exaggerate to make their kids feel remorseful and continue their lives. Although this is true that yes-older generations say this to have an effect on their children, it does not entirely mean that what they are referring to is false. Earlier generations, pre-technology used to look for the days when they were able to go outside and play in nature and just enjoy the simplicity that it had to offer. The Nature was even able to make childhood simpler in the earlier generations because all there was to do was get an education, eat, sleep, and play outside. As time progressed, and new inventions were made, kids spent less and less time outside, and more time in front of a screen. Childhood has lost that component of simplicity and has become far too complex then should be. Kids are now learning to use computers at the small age of 3, and even have an iPhone at the age of 10. Where is the need for children of these ages to need this technology…there is simply no need, but simply a trend in our modern society. Children are being rushed into leaving their childhood by being given this technology and being taught to use it at such an early age. It is as if they are being pushed through their childhood in front of a screen and only have those very rare moments of nature left in their memories. It is almost as if nature and all its glory are becoming extinct and that soon there is going to be simply technology left in the world. If we are in such a vital condition right now, if patterns continue to progress as they have been, then soon nature will soon be experienced through technology and true nature with its simplicity will become a thing of the past. Our society is progressing so fast that we often forget the majestic world that will always surround us.