S.A.T. Test Prep -- Using Cooking

bugcandy
Hey Stage of Lifers,

I had a student reach out to us about her book, "Cook Your Way Through The S.A.T." and I thought I'd share a little note about it (it's a cool idea). It's a cook book that pairs 99 recipes with a "fun fact" blurb associated with the actual recipe. Each blurb then contains 10 vocabulary words that appear on most standardized tests given in middle school and high school, and is followed by a vocab match test.

Answers for all 1000 vocabulary words appear in an index at the back of the book.

Charis, the young author, says that her book helps "teach reading comprehension and vocabulary words acquired in context."

In this case...the unique context is a cooking recipe.

Gotta love that!

You can find out more about her book, "Cook Your Way Through The S.A.T" at www.SATgourmet.com

From my perspective as a leader in helping support digital literacy, any student that's out there blogging, writing and helping others gain wisdom is someone who we love to talk about. If you're doing something interesting along the lines of digital literacy or writing, please make sure you tell us about it. My door is always open. Just use the Contact Us form here on StageofLife.com to let us know what you're doing at your school or heck...blog about it here by Sharing Your Story.

Thanks for sharing your stories with us!

--Eric
CEO of StageofLife.com