Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Save your love for marriage

Alexa143

What’s love? Is it a force? Is it a nature? Is it a way of being? If you were to ask 2,000 people about love, you shouldn’t be surprised to get 2,000 completely different answers. To many people, love is described as physical, to others emotional. To some, it’s all about the wonders of the great journey of finding love by mistake. Serendipity. If you were to ask me about love, I would give you the simplest answer known to man. Which is…wait. Why say I love you now? Why so young? I mean, I understand young love is a beautiful & wonderful feeling, but you’re only what 15, 16? Do you any idea what life will throw your way later on in the future. Nobody is in the position to judge. However, I know the decision was not the brightest.
Getting caught up in love is something a lot of teens nowadays are doing.
It’s great, it really is. However, love shouldn’t be wasted just on anybody. Saying I love you to somebody, is like giving about 92% of your soul to that person, the other 8% is still thinking otherwise. Of course though, not everyone thinks the way I do. I’m a 14 year old girl from a small town with absolutely no experience of actually being in love. I have loved, that’s for sure, but I don’t necessarily think I was actually in love. So how would I know what it’s like to give myself to anybody right? Nowadays, you don’t need experience to understand this concept of teen pregnancy.
When you’re in that moment, there are two choices you could make. You
don’t really have much time to think though, I assume. You have the decision
to have a moment of weakness, or... take a deep breath and just stop yourself. Think about all the possible consequences. Think about what your parents have taught you. Regardless the situation, they did raise you. Whoever did, they wouldn’t want you worrying about handling a child at 16. Don’t have a moment of weakness. Don’t be like the rest of the world, and give in just because you “love them”. If you do “love” them, they would understand if you want to wait. If this really is the person you love, waiting will not be a problem. Do you really want to be with someone that’s making you do something you don’t want to do?
Haven’t you ever heard about marriage? Marriage is a beautiful thing. My
parents never had a real wedding, but I know their love is so much more that some big fancy wedding ceremony. However, wouldn’t you want to save yourself for marriage? That person right there, they’re the person you love. Not somebody you said you loved when you were 16.
So just wait. Wait for someone you truly love with 100% of your soul.