STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Save your love for marriage

Alexa143
Teen Pregnancy Prevention: Save your love for marriage

What’s love? Is it a force? Is it a nature? Is it a way of being? If you were to ask 2,000 people about love, you shouldn’t be surprised to get 2,000 completely different answers. To many people, love is described as physical, to others emotional. To some, it’s all about the wonders of the great journey of finding love by mistake. Serendipity. If you were to ask me about love, I would give you the simplest answer known to man. Which is…wait. Why say I love you now? Why so young? I mean, I understand young love is a beautiful & wonderful feeling, but you’re only what 15, 16? Do you any idea what life will throw your way later on in the future. Nobody is in the position to judge. However, I know the decision was not the brightest.
Getting caught up in love is something a lot of teens nowadays are doing.
It’s great, it really is. However, love shouldn’t be wasted just on anybody. Saying I love you to somebody, is like giving about 92% of your soul to that person, the other 8% is still thinking otherwise. Of course though, not everyone thinks the way I do. I’m a 14 year old girl from a small town with absolutely no experience of actually being in love. I have loved, that’s for sure, but I don’t necessarily think I was actually in love. So how would I know what it’s like to give myself to anybody right? Nowadays, you don’t need experience to understand this concept of teen pregnancy.
When you’re in that moment, there are two choices you could make. You
don’t really have much time to think though, I assume. You have the decision
to have a moment of weakness, or... take a deep breath and just stop yourself. Think about all the possible consequences. Think about what your parents have taught you. Regardless the situation, they did raise you. Whoever did, they wouldn’t want you worrying about handling a child at 16. Don’t have a moment of weakness. Don’t be like the rest of the world, and give in just because you “love them”. If you do “love” them, they would understand if you want to wait. If this really is the person you love, waiting will not be a problem. Do you really want to be with someone that’s making you do something you don’t want to do?
Haven’t you ever heard about marriage? Marriage is a beautiful thing. My
parents never had a real wedding, but I know their love is so much more that some big fancy wedding ceremony. However, wouldn’t you want to save yourself for marriage? That person right there, they’re the person you love. Not somebody you said you loved when you were 16.
So just wait. Wait for someone you truly love with 100% of your soul.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy