STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: The Formerly Isolated Mashco-Piro Indians

smcgibney
Hidden in their jungle home, the Mashco-Piro Indians live an isolated life, surviving without the human necessities of the modern day world. Recently, however, tourists, reporters, and researchers have slowly begun to discover the Mashco-Piro and reveal their existence to the world. Just last year, in 2011, the first ever photographs of their tribe were released to the public. Imagine, these people have lived in a world without any of the essentials that impact our life every day. Not only did they survive this way, but they were also never aware of another lifestyle. Through the sightings of planes, boats, and other human vehicles the tribe has become aware of our interesting existence. By seeking us out, we have become aware of their existence as well. Although these people can be violent at times, I believe they are just scared. To be honest, who wouldn't be terrified to find out that an entire world has been living and thriving around them? As well as many other people, I'd like to think that the Mashco-Piro Indians affect my life and lifestyle. The knowledge of their existence has brought to my mind so many questions and has opened my mind up to my imagination. I can't help but think of how successfully they were living without any of the things that I believe I need to even start my day!
Americans are always curious of the possibility of other life (usually extra-terrestrial), we have tried again and again for evidence of a lifestyle that is different from our own. Now, we have discovered that a version of what we have been looking for was right underneath our noses! What will we learn from these people? Will we impact their own lives for the better or for the worse? Only 2012 will answer these questions. I believe that The Mascho-Piro are exactly what we should be watching during 2012, their peculiar personalities and lifestyles may just slowly begin to change our world.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy