Person to Watch in 2012: The Formerly Isolated Mashco-Piro Indians

smcgibney
Hidden in their jungle home, the Mashco-Piro Indians live an isolated life, surviving without the human necessities of the modern day world. Recently, however, tourists, reporters, and researchers have slowly begun to discover the Mashco-Piro and reveal their existence to the world. Just last year, in 2011, the first ever photographs of their tribe were released to the public. Imagine, these people have lived in a world without any of the essentials that impact our life every day. Not only did they survive this way, but they were also never aware of another lifestyle. Through the sightings of planes, boats, and other human vehicles the tribe has become aware of our interesting existence. By seeking us out, we have become aware of their existence as well. Although these people can be violent at times, I believe they are just scared. To be honest, who wouldn't be terrified to find out that an entire world has been living and thriving around them? As well as many other people, I'd like to think that the Mashco-Piro Indians affect my life and lifestyle. The knowledge of their existence has brought to my mind so many questions and has opened my mind up to my imagination. I can't help but think of how successfully they were living without any of the things that I believe I need to even start my day!
Americans are always curious of the possibility of other life (usually extra-terrestrial), we have tried again and again for evidence of a lifestyle that is different from our own. Now, we have discovered that a version of what we have been looking for was right underneath our noses! What will we learn from these people? Will we impact their own lives for the better or for the worse? Only 2012 will answer these questions. I believe that The Mascho-Piro are exactly what we should be watching during 2012, their peculiar personalities and lifestyles may just slowly begin to change our world.