STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: Novak Djokovic

conniekdb
Every tennis player dreams of winning all four Grand Slams, the four most highly acclaimed tennis tournaments in the world, and Novak Djokovic is no different.
After a grueling match between the world’s top two tennis players, the audience in Center Court erupts with applause as Serbian tennis player, Novak Djokovic, kisses his Wimbledon championship trophy. However, a noticeable uproar is absent from the 15,000 people who attended. Djokovic smiles as he defeats rival and fan favorite, Rafael Nadal, the top tennis player at the time and the defending champion of Wimbledon in what he describes as the best day of his life. Not only did he win one of the most prestigious Grand Slams in the realm of tennis, but he also surpassed Rafael Nadal to snatch the highly coveted No.1 spot in the tennis rankings from him.
This award complements his first Grand Slam trophy of the year, the Australian Open. An additional trophy from his victory at the US Open, his third Grand Slam, would later accompany the existing pair of trophies won in the year of 2011. It is without a doubt that Novak Djokovic dominated the sport of men’s tennis last year. Along with gaining the top ranking, he also accumulated the most prize money and the highest winning record, losing only six out of seventy-six matches.
His presence on the court is just as impressive as it is off the court. Novak Djokovic had earned the nickname “Djoker” for his humorous impersonations of his fellow tennis players, like Rafael Nadal. He is very charismatic, conveyed through his American television appearances including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and NBC’s Today and never fails to make the audience laugh.
His skill and love for the game of tennis has inspired people globally. I, myself, have been touched by his dedication and passion. As a girl who hung up her tennis equipment four years ago, I have been inspired by Djokovic to grip the tennis racket once again and play the game that I had lost the desire to continue.
Novak continues his reign of supremacy in the new year by winning the Australian Open for a third time, coincidentally against Rafael Nadal, in a physically demanding six hour match that left him struggling to stand up straight while the closing words were spoken.
One may wonder what lies ahead for Novak Djokovic. Well, even though he has won five Grand Slam trophies in the past 4 years, there remains one Grand Slam, which he has yet to conquer. This tournament is the second Grand Slam of the year called Roland Garros. If Novak were to win Roland Garros, he would become one of the select few to have captured all four titles. However, this will not be an easy feat since this is where Rafael Nadal is at optimum performance, evidenced by his six trophies. Nevertheless, with his increasing momentum, Novak could possibly accomplish this goal and revolutionize the future of tennis.
Rate this:
Comment by Suzanne

I am a huge fan of both Djokovic and Nadal, so I always have a tough time when they play each other. I have to say that this year though, I must support Djokovic - I think he might be the one to go all the way. Glad you decided not to give up tennis. It is a great sport. I have played for over 30 years and still love the game. As for your other passion - writing. Stay with it. Loved your recap of Djoker's career.
Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 11:18:55 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy