STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: The Girl in the Mirror

21stcentury_girl
Staring into the mirror, I can only imagine what the future holds for her. It seems like it was only yesterday when she was young and carefree. Now, stress tugs at her every side and nothing can ever seem to be done on time. There’s only grey clouds and darkness filling her with confusion and fears of the unknown, so she locks herself into her own private world. Sometimes she wishes to view her future, yet she knows it is only the present that will lead her there. A milestone of 16 years has passed, and we’ve been through much together. We’ve shared laughs, tears, and anger, too. No one knows me the way she does. She is my best friend, and we both know that 2012 marks the time for a change. She has much more to learn and much more to discover.
She will grow in many ways. She will overcome fears and anxiety. She will be confident and spontaneous. She will be optimistic and her glass will always remain half full in her eyes. She will dance like no one is watching. She will take the initiative for improvement. She will make life-changing decisions. She will define herself and her morals. She will live life with the motive of never having regrets. She will devote herself to what matters most – God, art, and love. She will climb mountains higher than ever before. It’s true that she may trip and fall from time to time. Storms and barriers will try to block her way, but she knows when storms pass only rainbows are left behind. She will pick up the pieces when she falls. She will learn from her mistakes – after making them a few more times. She will be daring and take chances. She will speak up for herself and stand up for what she believes in. She will not follow the crowd, but she will define her own path. She will change the lives of those around her for the better. She will be accepting of others and their differences, but most importantly: she will survive.
As I sit back I realize the storm outside no longer looks as bad as before. I will leave everything else behind because I don’t want to be weighed down. I’m no longer afraid, but eager to greet the emerging sun that awaits me. I will leave everything else behind, because I don’t want any part of the past – regrets and mistakes and hardships – to weigh me down now. I’ll take one thing only – a pair of sunglasses. It looks like I’m going to need them, because the future forecast reads bright and sunny with a 100% chance of potential.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy