Person to Watch in 2012: Artist

flummerie
To be an artist back in the past meant selling paintings one by one. Each painting would earn a piddling amount that would suffice for the time being. Until another canvas was bought. And this was how a wretched life of hanging by a worn sliver of a thread was made.

However. The rejuvenating emotion of freedom, the refreshing feeling of being independent, the rush of painting your mark onto fabric that would not be forgotten like the lackluster dreariness of a rainy day. This, my friends, is the century of art where all the pent up inspiration of yesterday is encouraged, esteemed, everywhere!

Artists are popping up like daffodils in the spring. Each with a brighter shade of golden than before! They all have something to express, show, do; they are not just on the streets like in the monochrome past. This label, no, this badge of pride to be an artist can be worn by anyone now!

No longer, do you have to starve to write, paint, sculpt your message into the world. You can inscribe your thoughts and feelings into the very earth itself through your creativity, your body.

Artists have always been the herald of change. Through art, the world experiences its changes. Even in the past year, new art forms are being crafted and old ones are renewed.

I used to accept art as a part of the world surrounding us. But you cannot do that. Each day you see something beautiful, you must keep the memory, paint it onto the surface of your budding mind. Then, one day, when you see something that you know must change, bring that memory back. Mix a dab of it with the oil paints of your thoughts, and create a picture that can only be expressed through your hands. As I did with my mind and my hands.

In 2012, artists will be recognized even more for their work in imprinting history, shaping the present, and setting up the canvas for the future. Will you be a part of this crusade of change?