Person to Watch in 2012: Christopher Nolan

yangha0407
Our contemporary society has provided innovations that no Einstein or Newton would even dream of. As new fields of study were introduced after large-scale movements such as the Industrial Revolution and the Space Race, thousands of new jobs were opened to the public. Unfortunately, as more unique job opportunities arose, many of the old jobs started to lose their luster. But despite its loss in popularity, filmmaking, a somewhat old-school occupation, was soon enlivened by phenomenal directors such as Christopher Nolan, undoubtedly one of the most influential men on earth.
Having created the tenth highest-grossing film of all time, The Dark Knight, the British-American film director and producer has been distinguished for directing such intriguing titles Including The Prestige, Insomnia, and the famous Batman series.These renowned titles have gotten him selected for countless nominations and awards. But how can a movie attract so many viewers? To start, not only was Batman a popular figure in the previous generation as well as ours, but it also gave both groups a new and vibrant taste of the new addition to the classic story while still nostalgic for the veteran fans. This movie introduced an unfamiliar man of unknown potential, Heath Ledger. His unexpectedly exhilarating portrayal of the Joker set a new standard for all actors to come. With extravagant special effects, an intriguing plotline, and a dream team consisting of Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, and most importantly, Christopher Nolan himself, this motion picture undoubtedly deserves the fame it has received.
As the totem keeps spinning, the audience is aching to know the last piece of the puzzle, and as the last seconds start feeling like hours, Nolan finishes his work before revealing that enigma. Even after the Dark Knight’s overwhelming success, Nolan did not cease to produce films of the same magnificence. Only two years after his release of The Dark Knight, he shocked the world with a mind-bending puzzle called Inception. This movie constantly left the audience in awe and perplexity. Despite the fact that this specific work did not earn as much money as the Dark Knight did, it was nominated for countless awards; this sole movie won Mr. Nolan sixty-percent of his nominations.
In the closing moments of the Dark Knight, Bruce Wayne steps on the accelerator and guns his motorcycle away from justice, and the credits start to roll. This reoccurring method of leaving the audience in suspense and anticipation gives Christopher Nolan the glorifying title he deserves. With these kinds of endings, the audience is guaranteed another of his great works to start production. Being the last installment to his Batman series, The Dark Knight Rises is soon to be released this year, naming Christopher Nolan the man to watch in this following year.