Person to Watch in 2012: Me, Myself, and I

Aforgottenmemory
During my entire life I always heard people say that to make a difference in something you must first change who you are. I wanted to make a difference in my family, so in 2011 I worked on changing myself.
I had to change myself because I wasn't really involved in things anyone would be proud of. My little cousins were ashamed to tell their friends they were related to me. I had to do a complete 360 in my entire attitude towards life. Now I feel good aboout how I look at everything and it doesn't feel like someone I HAD to conform to.
I got involved in the things I was doing because my self esteem and self confidence was destroyed or all but forgotten because people made me feel worthless. I was completely self depreciating and bent on self destructon. I was headed down a path that wasn't too pretty and I'm sure that I wouldn't have liked where I was going to end up.
I would tell my little cousins that they should never let anyone make them feel like they aren't the princesses they should be treated like. In the end if you lose all of your possessions you still have yourself.
I was determined not to let them go down the dark path I was headed down. I let people tell me that I was worthless and that I was garbage. I believed them too, I didn't feel like I was worth anything. If I'm not remembered for anything other than telling people to keep their self confidence then I would die happy.
I honestly believe that every girl should love who they are no matter what anyone tells them. I would never want anyone to endure the pain that I had to experience in 2010 or 2011. I don't want people to remember me that way, I want them to remember the way I was in 2012.
I am the person to watch in 2012 because I am someone my family can be proud of. I am finally who I want to be, I am ME.