Person to Watch in 2012: Ginger Snaps and Her Seeing Eye Human

Zinaidia21
 A person is not the only mammal with a personality. Simply by spending an afternoon with one, a dog can become a friend, a fellow gossiper, an inspiration, a therapist, and most importantly a family member. My dog Ginger Snaps is all of these and then some. We became very close when she became blind in her right eye last year, whcih was devastating. For the humans anyways. Ginger Snaps, on the other hand, remained vibrant, she never stopped her tail from wagging, and only runs into furniture every now and then! This year she will turn a whopping seven years old. Along with this milestone, she will adjust to the other eye deteriotating and slowly she will become completely blind. However, everyone around her will be expecting nothing less than a happy, healthy dog; she is obviously an inspiration and a guiding light. In a broader perspective dogs everywhere will step up and become like Ginger Snaps. The relationship between man and dog will grow closer and there will be a newfound respect, love, and trust. Tangible evidence will be more news media coverage, a boost in kennel funds as well as less pups in the pound. Ultimately, mans new best friend will become a prominent character in society and there will be a large increase in those willing to be their dogs seeing eye human, like me.