STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: Hayao Miyazaki

emiXcandii
My person to watch in 2012 would be Hayao Miyazaki, who is a famous Japanese director, animator, and producer. He is very successful and has gone from being an in-between artist at Toei Animation to the co-founder of Studio Ghlibi and the director of famous animated films such as Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. He has produced many other films as well, including Princess Monoke, Howl's Moving Castle, and Spirited Away, all of which have gained a lot of recognition and won awards. He has produced great films which engage the interest of many viewers and capture the emotions of every scene. His characters are easy to sympathize with, and the plots are original.

Miyazaki also expresses his views through his works, which have interesting themes such as pacifism, environmentalism, and feminism. In this way, he influences the people who view his films. He also incorporates unique themes in his works that other films don't, such as a blurred line between good and evil, which is much more realistic than having a clear-cut hero and villian and is a refreshing change.

Other people in the animation field claim to have been influenced by Miyazaki as well, including Pete Docter and Glen Keane, the director of Monsters and a Disney animator, respectively. He is also one of my own inspirations. His works motivate me to learn as much as I can about animation. I learned a lot by observing his works, and I admire his creativity and ability to engage his audience.

In 2012, Miyazaki could continue to make a lot of impact on culture in America, since many of his films have already been dubbed in English and distributed in America. Thus, he can also make an impact on society in America as well as in Japan. Most recently, he has planned and been a screenwriter for From Up on Poppy Hill, and is said to be working on another film. Miyazaki has been working on his animation career for over 50 years, and has showed no sign of stopping just yet.
Rate this:
Comment by Nur Sadrina

I like Hayao Miyazaki as well. Especially his movie on spirited away, the cat returns and whisper of the heart. At home me and my younger brother are the only ones who watch Japanese animation series and movie. My parents always think that it is childish and waste of time. But I dare to say it's not as it is not only just form of entertainment. Just like Hayao Miyazaki's movie and other Japanese animation series I found many of them touching and inspiring. It may be in animated form and fictional but it's just another way of retelling stories in real life of Friendship, honor, wisdom, courage, family values and love. In the end..., believe it... the night I borrowed dvd on totoro and spirited away my dad watched it on his own and he expressed his excitement, joy in watching movies from Ghibli studio. Nice essay By the way :)
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:32:49 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy