Person to Watch in 2012: My Amazing Older Sister

[email protected]
On April 17th, 1996, the day I was born, my sister Noelle, became my number one fan. For better and for worse, Noelle has been by my side consistently for the past 16 years. She has been there to love me when I have been at my worst, she has stood by me through all the trials of my life, and she has encouraged me to be the best that I can be no matter where life takes me. I have had many people impact my life, but none to the extent that my older sister has. As I sit here contemplating who should be watched in 2012, I can think of many names. But to me, those names are meaningless. I do not know presidential candidates or famous actresses personally, and though I am positive some of them will achieve greatness this year, I believe that my older sister will achieve the same greatness at a higher level. You see, this year, Noelle is going off to college. Though this breaks my heart, I am so excited for her and I know that many wondrous opportunities await her. Noelle has a dream; she plans on becoming a doctor. Her reasons for doing so are as clear as a crystal; Noelle wants to better our world. She wants to save lives, touch families, and impact society. I believe in her; I know that she will achieve her dream, probably even surpass it. My sister is the type of person who not only strives to be the best she can be, she strives to make every one else the best they can be too. I know that at college she will show the same motivation, dedication, friendliness, and love that she has throughout her whole life. I have no doubt that she will touch the lives of all the other students at her college, as well as her professors. Noelle will even touch the lives of the staff at the cafeteria, that’s just the kind of person she is. I am beyond grateful to have had the opportunity to grow up with Noelle by my side, and though I know she will always be there, the rest of the world deserves a chance to get to know her too. I have no doubt in my mind that my sister, Noelle, will touch the world this year and every year to come. In 2012, all eyes should be on her, because she’s on a mission. Noelle is going to impact us all through peace, love, happiness and kindness.