Person to Watch in 2012: Rahul Francis, the Face of the Future

marchgirldancer
In the eyes of those he has not touched yet, is a little boy. But wait, don’t dismiss this teen too quickly from your life because one day he is going to make it big. Keep your eyes peeled for Rahul Francis, a boy who is hard to identify in the world of billions, but once you find him, you’ll know it’s him. You’d be honored to call him your brother, a privilege I may take advantage of at times. A person who disassembles computers and phones for fun, he is a son, a friend, and a sibling, and everyone’s “go-to” tech guy.
Rahul Francis is not only a straight-A eighth grader who is the vice president of his middle school, he is also a TV star. Maybe a celebrity to some is a person who has been on TV, my brother’s exquisite personality and charming intelligence got him on the show, Jeopardy! Out of the thousands of kids that applied, my brother was one of the fifteen lucky kids nationwide to get on the Jeopardy’s Kid’s Week program. My brother was able to answer questions, that I, his older sister didn’t even know the answers to! It’s probably due to the fact that he spends hours each day surfing the web and enriching his mind with extensive knowledge. By chance my brother landed himself at second place, but nonetheless we were proud of him and he is the talk of the century amongst my mother’s adoring pals. Even before being on Jeopardy!, my brother captured the hearts of many, from my dear grandmother to random strangers on the street. This social butterfly is not afraid to put his name out there and he leaves you in awe, wondering how he could have acquired so much knowledge in his short time here on earth. My brother, can fix anything in my eyes and he always know the solutions to any technology dilemma. Some may say it’s just by chance, but whenever my brother walks into a room, technology manages to cooperate with him. He has freed the elderly of their many burdens that the fast-paced society has bestowed upon them. I don’t know how people live without Rahul, he fixes my every problem and I can’t thank him enough for relieving me of so much unneeded frustration and stress in my already busy, high school life.
This kid has big dreams. In the long run e wants to be a CEO of a big company. In the next year Rahul is sure to surprise the world in one way or another by organizing many events for his school and by earning awards when he graduates. My brother is one of the most compassionate and generous people I know. He also deserves the best and people who are envious of his achievements don’t deserve to be part of his life. Nothing can or will bring him down. Get ready world, the brilliant Rahul Francis is the face of our future.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Person to Watch writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

Here's the link to the contest summary page, http://www.stageoflife.com/PersontoWatch.aspx
We'll be formally announcing the winner soon.

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family as well as “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter.

To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:45:22 PM

Wow! You sound very proud of his achievements and presence in your life. Not sure who is luckier to have who....you to have your brother or your brother to have you! Great essay. Good luck!
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:35:49 AM