Person to Watch in 2012: Greyson Chance

SoraAngel
2011 was a pretty interesting year for me. It had a lot of ups and downs, a lot of new beginnings. Still, what I didn’t expect was for it to get even more interesting during its last few hours.

The person to watch for in 2012 is Greyson Michael Chance. His fame gradually rising the past two years, I first saw Greyson while I was watching Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Apparently, one of his videos singing the cover of Paparazzi by lady Gaga was almost an instant hit on YouTube. I hadn’t even heard of the video, so I leaned forward in my seat curiously, and as soon as he started singing, I was captivated. His voice sounded so raw and powerful on its own that it was hard to think I hadn’t known about him until now.

Ever since then, I’ve been following Greyson everywhere—symbolically, of course. As soon as his new album, “Hold on ‘til the Night” came out, I was head over heels to get it, and my respect for him rose to even higher levels after listening to the newest songs.

Greyson is sweet, friendly, and open, the kind of person that’s just waiting for the world to look at him so he can make a move.

And there’s a lot of reasons I think he’ll succeed.
There’s something about Greyson that the world hasn’t seen before. A spark of innocence and honesty that is rare in celebrities these days. For some reason, when he smiled or pulled a face at the camera, I felt a rush of adoration, the kind that I get over my little brother. I could tell, just by looking at him, that there was something special about him.

It’s amazing really, how he can put so much emotion in a song that it packs quite a punch. Some songs were about heartbreak, others about respecting yourself… all topics one wouldn’t expect in someone as young as Greyson. He’s been an inspiration to me, someone’s who’s older, someone who’s always doubted herself. He’s given me courage to try, to aim for the stars and reach the borders of eternity.

I think Greyson has what it takes to change our stereotypical society. His words and music have already touched the hearts of so many, I wouldn’t be surprised if his popularity skyrocketed… because everyone can tell if a person is truly good.

Greyson has what it takes to change reality.

Watch out world, Greyson Chance is here!