Person to Watch in 2012: Ellie Goulding

hannahelizabethk
Person to Watch in 2012: Ellie Goulding

Elena Jane Goulding is a name very common within the music charts of the United Kingdom, but not often recognized throughout the United States. As you have probably figured out, Ellie Goulding is a singer-songwriter; and a very talented one at that. Not only does she have natural musical capabilities, but a flawless personality to match.
In her homeland of Britian, Ellie Goulding accomplished the success of winning the title of the biggest and fastest selling debut album of 2010 with her album Lights. New York Times described it as "a happy car crash of signifiers: part electro-pop, part soul, part blues, part indie rock, part folk." Ellie Goulding's music possesses something uncommon in most songs of today: raw talent. You are guaranteed to find a mixture of powerful vocals and soft melodies that harmonize beautifully whenever your listen to one of her tunes. Her songs make you think, make you feel, and make you inspired. Not only is Ellie Goulding a remarkable artist, but a definition of our culture. She brings out the beauty in the humanity of the present tense. Stunning music isn't only a thing of the past. Ellie Goulding brings hope to the artistic world of the future.
Elena Goulding grew up a shy girl, with no financial boost to get her voice appreciated by the world. It's enlivening to see that without much support in an emotional or financial sense, she made it to the top of her country's music charts. I believe that she is well on her way to touching the hearts of the world in it's entirety.
Besides inspiring solely me, Ellie Goulding has changed the way many people look at music. In the current era, we are accustomed to over-edited songs with revolting, repetitive lyrics. Songs like these lead kids to believe that they need to grow up before their time to be accepted. Although mature, Ellie Goulding has songs about life, love, and humanity. Her songs are about beauty, and ugliness, right and wrong, heartbreak and happiness. They deal with all faults and blessings of the people of today. Her lyrics relate one person to another, and make us all understand that while everyone is different, we all have the ability to feel. We all have the ability to make a difference in one another's lives. We all have the ability to make a difference in life. Elena Jane Goulding is one step closer to changing the world.