Person to Watch in 2012: President Obama, "The Man with a Plan"

runnergurl262
The person to watch in 2012 is no other than President Barack Obama himself. With elections coming up in November, it will be interesting to see what the president will say and do to woo American voters this time around.
In the 2008 election, President Obama used a platform based completely on change. He used the dissatisfaction the American people had for the government bolstered by economic downturn and the war in Iraq, and used it to win the public’s vote. Many key points to his platform included higher pay for teachers, universal health care, and tax cuts for the poor- all things that favor “the little guy”. There is no question why President Obama was able to receive the vote of so many middle-class voters; at that point in his campaign, he seemed like someone who would fight for the hard workers-those people that created the American society itself.
Now with the 2012 election coming up, President Obama may have to change his tactics. Many people have become weary of whether the President really will stand by his platform from the 2008 election. Many stand by the president they voted into office, but still others question whether everything on the agenda will really get accomplished. It is not to say that the president hasn’t tried to get things done while in office, but it has been very difficult to see anything to the finish. Many of the president’s efforts have been thwarted by the poor economy. With a recession as great as the one we are currently in, it is difficult to get many things accomplished. For these reasons, President Obama is the person to watch throughout 2012. His actions may influence what will occur in the coming years for United States citizens.