Person to Watch in 2012: Tim Tebow and "Tebowing"

williamscorn
If you watch the news or pay any attention to NFL, you have probably heard of Tim Tebow. The young quarterback set NCAA records at Florida, and is setting more in The Mile High City. Perhaps the most interesting thing about Tim Tebow is his outstanding faith. You have probably heard of "Tebowing", referring to Tebow's prayer position. Since the start of this year's season, in which Tebow has become a big player for the Broncos, "Tebowing" has become a sort of fad. In fact, searching "Tebowing" comes up with almost two million hits. So many of these are stories of suspensions and punishments of high-school athletes and other students taking a knee in the now well known stance and praying. However, this seems to only increase the fight against anti-prayer and anti-religion in schools. Will this be a new revival? Caused by a star quarterback? Tebow is a strong advocate for the Fellowship of Christian Atheletes, so it is likely he will continue to support this craze. Tebow is definitely a person to watch this year, because he could very possibly be the center of the next wave of religion revival.
Comment by qcummings96

This is a really great idea for the essay! I'm not just saying that because I'm a Broncos fan either, haha. I've always liked Tebow, but you raised an interesting point at the end when you mentioned that his character could even spark a religious revival. I really think you should write another version of this essay. I think it's already very good, but it would be great if you expanded on the idea of Tebow starting a religious revolution. Good work, and good luck!
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:14:35 PM