Person To Watch in 2012: Derrick Rose and his Chicago Bulls

erikawick
Everyone loves a great sports icon. The sports icon and inspiration of 2012 will most definitely be Chicago Bulls’ starting point guard, Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose had an exceptional, inspiring, and exciting 2011 season with the Chicago Bulls. On May 23, 2011, Derrick Rose became the youngest NBA Most Valuable Player at age 22. He joined Michael Jordan as the only Chicago Bull to receive this award in the franchise history. Last year he has had a tremendous impact, not only on me, but on the entire city of Chicago. He has turned the city of Chicago into believers, and has made Chicago Bull’s Basketball mean something again. We are no longer the team that doesn’t have a lot of fans, but the team that can’t get enough of the unstoppable Derrick Rose. He inspires me to try my hardest, and to put my team on my back when they need me, just like he does when his team needs him. I think Derrick Rose is going to do unbelievable things in 2012. Through his hard work and determination, he’s become the player he’s dreamed of becoming. In 2012, he is not going to let Chicago down, his teammates down, and most importantly himself down. Derrick has potential to be NBA MVP once again, which would make him the youngest player to receive the award twice. He is going to continue to be successful and play the basketball he knows how to play, and will carry the city on his back if that is what it takes to win. He is an inspiration to all of Chicago, and I cannot wait to see what he’s going to do in this upcoming year.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Person to Watch writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

Here's the link to the contest summary page, http://www.stageoflife.com/PersontoWatch.aspx
We'll be formally announcing the winner soon.

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family as well as “Like” us on Facebook and “Follow” us on Twitter.

To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 7:44:18 PM