Person to Watch in 2012: Mitt Romney- Republican Presidential Candidate?

MusicLover
“We have a moral responsibility not to spend more than we take in” ("Mitt Romney for President"). These are the words at the top of the official Mitt Romney website. He is currently running for the Republican presidential nomination. The selection will not take place until August of 2012, but everyone has been campaigning for the votes of the American people for a while. Mitt Romney has been leading so far. It seems like he will get it.

Mitt Romney was born on March 12, 1947 in Detroit. He was married to his wife, Ann, in 1969. They had known each other since elementary school. They now have five sons who have blessed them with sixteen grandchildren. He has earned two degrees. One was from Harvard Law and the other from Harvard business school. Years later, in 2002, he was elected governor of Massachusetts. He was able to stimulate Massachusetts’ economy and plans to do the same to the entire country.

In both the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary Mitt Romney came in first. He received twenty-four point six percent of the votes in the Iowa caucus. This was only eight votes above Rick Santorum. But, in the New Hampshire primary he was sixteen point three percent above Ron Paul, receiving thirty-nine point two percent of the votes. Rick Santorum dropped to fifth place.

He has a solid education background, history in politics, and has won the first two elections. At least at this point, it seems like he will be a shoe in for the Republican presidential nomination. Will he then become the forty-fifth president of the United States of America? We will all have to wait and see how it turns out.