STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Person to Watch in 2012: Robert Downey Jr. and his sweet skills as an actor.

Meena
Person to Watch in 2012: Robert Downey Jr. and his sweet skills as an actor.

Robert Downey Jr. is a well-known actor in America; but most of us teens would know him better as Iron man or Sherlock Holmes. In 2011, he played both roles astonishingly being able to convince watchers that he is both Sherlock and Tony Stark. The impact that Robert Downey Jr. left on me is my change in perspective on how movies are supposed to be, more specifically, action-packed films.
First, when I first watched iron man with my father in the theaters, I thought the actor incapable of nail this film and make it unfavorable because I didn’t know who he was. I was dead wrong after I watched that film; it became my favorite because, the thing with Robert Downey Jr. is that he tends to add a little humor and character of being a too laid back serious that tells the observer of the film, “Without me, this film would be nothing. I add the flavor and that “touch” that grabs people’s attention, I keep them on the edge of their seats, and I am the main event so why even try when I’m already touched with genius now and forever?” In each of his films, I always tend to laugh at the character he plays, my heart secretly rooting for him to beat the villain and solve the issue that is harming the ones he loves and cares about.
Second, the charisma he has tends to touch the hearts of his viewers as the film plays out to show the story, the main character, and the dilemma that the characters face. Robert Downey Jr. is able to transform a serious film, into a family film that everyone can enjoy with a touch of humor and action in the same column of heroism. The impact he will make this year will continue to shape those who watch action films. With his new movie coming out called “The Avengers”, I predict a lot of humor and action intertwined within this film as Robert Downey Jr. comes off as Iron man to his new teammates who are called together to form “The Avengers” and save the world from aliens . The film includes some of the actors who are known well of knowledge of many Americans; Scarlett Johanson, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Hiddleston.
I believe the impact on the world when Robert Downey Jr. makes more new films in 2012 will improve it on a sense of movie tastes. Think about it, after you saw all of his films, Iron Man, Iron man 2, Sherlock Holmes, etc., would you look forward to watching another film by him to see what excitement and flavor he will add that will continue to make you love and praise him for his talents? Once again, the impact that Robert Downey Jr., has on me is my perspective and how action-packed movies are supposed to appear.
Rate this:
Comment by dalinasam

I have to admit, I like the movie Sherlocke Holmes, too and have to agree that actors give us perspective, but you have to be an exceptional actor to put yourself in Sherlocke's position, and he nailed it. And Downey looked like he did it without any effort at all.
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:49:08 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Meena

I most certainly agree, he doesn't look like hes trying hard to act with those two roles I mentioned. It's why i believe he'll change peoples perspective on movies this year.
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:56:23 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy