Person to Watch in 2012: The Republican Presidential Nominee

mattwiz
As primaries and debates are under way in 2012, the nation has its eye on who will become the republican candidate for the presidential election in November. As of right now there are several people that could win the nomination. Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Rick Perry all are competing for a chance to run against Obama in the fall. Mitt Romney is the current front runner and looks to be the most stable candidate so far. The big winner from the Iowa Caucus has been Rick Santorum, who advanced greatly in the polls to fall short of Romney by only eight votes. Ron Paul also received strong support in Iowa while Gingrich and Perry finished with about ten percent of the vote. Each candidate has much invested in their campaign and has opportunistic plans for the future.
Many Americans are upset with President Obama and the lack of action that is taking place within the government. Also, many Americans are still hurting from economic hardship. Americans ready for a change in the White House will be watching eagerly to see who will be the Republican candidate and how they will compete with Obama. Regardless of which party one is supporting, the presidential election is one of the most significant events that occur in America because it is an election to choose the person that will lead and represent the country that we are all a part of. The President makes many decisions concerning the well-being of the country and wields a vast amount of power.
The Republican contender will have to prove to the nation why America would be in better hands with him as president than Obama. Every four years the country rallies behind a contender to give them support for the presidential election. The Republican contender is the person to watch in 2012 because they will have the chance to become the next president of the United States.