Trust and Safety: The Key to a Healthy Nation

clyons984
The key to a healthy life can be found in trust and safety. The meaning of trust (reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence) holds true to me. The meaning of safety (freedom from the occurrence or risk of injury, danger, or loss) should be kept in all of our minds. I personally feel that these two words should never leave our nation’s tongue. When I say this I mean our nation’s leaders should not be asking themselves if this law we just passed will keep us safe, but know that the law they just passed will keep us safe. We elected these men and women to make the right decisions on behalf of American citizens.
Our political leaders should not be the only ones asking themselves this, but also our parents. When they decide they want to create new life, they need to think of ways to keep this child safe and gain its trust. Parents need to decide which school will give their child the best education. They need to decide how they will discipline him or her also. I trust my parents 100% to keep me safe at all times. I believe that they made the right decision on how to raise me in this tumultuous world. I also believe they will help me make the right decisions on college and my life.
I attend a Catholic school and I believe the education I get is second to none. We are challenged daily in many ways. I also feel that we are protected if a fire or tornado ever happens at school. In the beginning of every year we do drills for different kinds of dangers including a stranger drill. These drills hold a lot of importance to me and to my classmates too. The school I attend keeps me safe physically and mentally. I put my trust in my school every day, and I believe it deserves my trust.
The government that was established in our nation so long ago could use some work. The attacks on the World Trade center buildings ten years ago might not have happened if the government had inputted a better defense system at the time. The laws and restrictions that were inputted after these horrible attacks have done well to stop some attempts, but still some occurred. I hope that in the future our government will realize before a tragic event happens and does something to stop it from happening.
In final, I trust in my parents, school, and most of the time, my government, to protect me from dangerous events and help me to make the right moral decisions in life. I wrote this in hope of telling the world how I feel about the institutions in the great nation of America.