STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: School Safety

GustavoM

School shootings, lock downs, and bulling are a regular topic in today’s headlines with the columbine massacre and the increase of gay teen suicides as examples. Now schools all around have began increasing their security and taking issues such as bullying and cyber bullying more serious.

Schools have been changing how they handle a lot of issues in a very appropriate way. In my school you are not allowed to bring a book bag into the room for safety reason’s they must be kept in their lockers at all times. That’s a smart decision being that you can easily hide guns and knives or any other weapons in the book bags. It’s better to be safe then sorry in this case. Our school also has lock down drills where police come to try and search for any drugs in the student’s lockers and cars. The school also makes sure to lock its doors so that random people don’t just come in as they please.

On issues such as bullying our school could use major improvement. It seems like every other week you here about their being fight. And I have been in classes were students use homophobic slurs and the teacher ignores it and say’s “ok guys lets pay attention now”. I am sure if they used racial slurs the teacher would have sent them to the office. Their has been so many teens 12, 13 and 14 years old who have killed themselves because they were being bullied a bought their sexual orientation so I don’t think teacher should just ignore when people us slurs and they should take it seriously.

In my school there are areas where it’s doing a good job keeping us safe but there are also areas in which their could be some improvement. Their hasn’t been an instants in out school were peoples lives have been in trouble but if their ever was in instant where that was the case I do think our school has the ability to keep its student safe. I as a student can say that I trust the school to keep me safe however I also think it could use a better job in making the school environment a lot better and safer for its students and our school could use help from helping stop cyber bullying from happening. My school is doing a good job keeping me safe but it could do better
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy