Trust and Safety: Are Our Schools Safe?

kethmini
It is true that being in school is supposed to be safe, now-a-days many schools have security guards and police officers along with an assortment of camras and detectors. But, does that truly make our safety certain? I don't believe it does. Think of how many shootings and killings have occured even with all of these precautions put in place. How safe does that make you feel?

While the schools do try their best, the fact is that the more people in a small space, the higher the chance is of something going horribly wrong. Especially when theose people happen to be hormonal teenagers or tempermental children (yes, children have, in some cases, been the masterminds behind a school shooting).

Therefore, I, personally, hold no faith in my school to keep me safe due to the bad history our institutions have with violence.