Trust and Safety: Our choice

sfarah5854
In the face of humanity, trust is the single element that is most valuable. Being a teenager in this gray industrial world isn’t easy. We go through choices and we go through conflicts that have the potential to affect our whole lives. Let’s start with a broad topic: the government. When you’re a teenager, you’re still a kid. The government doesn’t affect your daily life. You don’t pay taxes or have a steady job. You (hopefully) don’t have a family to tend to. The government is just a figure-head, while you toil on with your basic problems of faint relationships and getting tickets to see the concert of your next band.
Let’s narrow it down to school. School is a presence. It’s there every single day, whether we like it or not. We must attend, it’s the law. What’s inside the school is what matters. We must choose our friends carefully but remember that not everyone’s not to get us. It is in school after all, that a child learns who to trust or not, whether it be from another kid stealing their crayons or ratting them out. We’ve been to preached to at an early age that teachers and other school officials are there to help us, but through the years we’ve all figured out that this isn’t true. School officials are human beings not saints, and truth is there are a very few who you could talk to and spill out your problems. In school, it’s up to the student alone to decide what to do and who to trust.
Let’s narrow it down even further to parents. Our moms and dads have been there since day 1 of birth. From an early age they seemed like super-heroes. They cared for us, they tended to us; but as we get older the desire to gain independence increases rapidly. While they teach us to differentiate from right and wrong we must also remember they’re human beings and they are capable of making mistakes. While there the most ideal figure to trust, it’s important to note that they’re not always going to make the best decisions. After all, Michelangelo Buonarroti’s father wanted him to be a successful merchant or businessman, He instead chose his own intuitions and went on to become one of the world’s greatest artists.
It is solely up to us, to decide who and what to trust. We must make our decisions wisely; one choice can make an immense effect.