Trust and Safety: Something We Experience Everyday

wkenyon

Throughout our everyday lives, we rely on so many people for our trust and safety. Whether you’re at your house or out in the public, you rely on multiple people for your safety. Our public safety relies on our government and how it is run. All public safety is funded by state and federal government, which can sometimes affect the safety of a certain area.
At home, the closest to you keep you safe. Your parents’ responsibility is to keep their children and themselves safe no matter what happens or what the situation is. Whenever I am at home, I definitely trust that my parents will keep me safe even in the worst of situations. When I am at home, I always worry about if someone were to break into my house or try and hurt someone in my family. The thing that makes me the most nervous and scared is that I have a six year old brother who cannot protect himself from a grown person, so I rely on my parents to keep us both safe. So whether it’s my brother or I, I trust and rely on my parents to keep both of us safe from harm.
Even though being safe at home is important, being safe at school is even more important. There are so many more factors that you have to be aware of. At any school, there is bullying which can be made mentally or physically along with fights and many more criminal matters that are committed. The matter that people today need to be most protected by is all types of bullying, such as cyber, physical, and mental bullying. At school, teachers are trained and ready to take on any situation that comes there way. With my mom being a teacher, I know that this is true, so I have so much trust in teachers that they will keep me and all of my classmates and friends safe while at school. Although cyber bullying is hard to catch if it is not told by another student at school, schools and teachers are cracking down on ways to track and find this cyber bullying. One of the ways that schools are doing this is through Facebook. Schools create a Facebook account and become friends or just check students’ profiles and walls to make sure they are not getting hurt and that they are not hurting anyone else.
The one safety blanket that I do not have that much faith in is our government. I feel that the government is in too much of a battle of economic crisis, and they do not have the time to protect the citizens well enough. The only safety that we have from the government is the armed forces, but the departments are becoming more corrupt daily. Overall, I feel safe in my environment. Keep up the work, America.