STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Securing America

dragonmaster80
Many teenagers may ask, “Is my country a safe place to live considering the crimes and security issues it faces?” Appalling stories of killings, beatings, and crimes fill daily news. These repulsive stories make people depressed and insecure. Teenagers may question the safety of their schools from intruders and gangs. My school has an annual safety drill to prepare us in case this problem arises. Although I live in a quiet and safe neighborhood, my parents would utilize the Second Amendment, the right to bear arms, to protect ourselves and property. Some people believe that the Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights should be eliminated, but I strongly believe that criminals would audaciously attack innocent people if not for the second amendment. My main concern regarding safety, however, involves America’s immigration, airport, and importation security.

Illegal aliens cross our borders to find the very thing we do not have enough of: jobs. I believe America must secure its borders for the safety of our country. Hostile individuals invade our borders along with many innocent ones. Unfortunately, an illegal Mexican infiltrated my quiet community by breaking into my neighbors’ house, assaulting them when they returned home. Unarmed and helpless, they were unable to defend their property, narrowly escaping injury by fleeing.

My second point of concern involves airport security. On 9/11, terrorists boarded planes, hijacking and crashing them, along with innocent, unarmed people, into the Twin Towers of New York City. I believe that America deserves secure airports. Airport personnel should concentrate their efforts on screening individuals from certain foreign countries and types of people who want insurrection in our country, allowing more time to defuse dangerous situations and deny aircraft passage to risky travelers. Insolent full body screenings and pat downs violate the intent of the Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights, which prevents unnecessary searches and seizures without probable cause. Identifying hazardous people over impounding mundane items carried by travelers is imperative in improving security. By incorporating bomb-sniffing dogs, airports could increase security by patrolling baggage areas and checkpoints with their handlers, determining items and people possibly posing threats.

Importation of goods creates another huge safety issue for our country. America imports many goods from China, and since they have few regulations, Americans could purchase potentially dangerous products. America, relaxing its standards of importation, accepted numerous flawed items such as: faulty tires, poisonous toothpaste, tainted drywall, milk, dog food, and unsafe toys. Who knows what faulty, poisoned, or unsafe product they will send overseas next? America must stop buying from China, increase the inspection of imported goods before shipping, or send Americans to China to inspect their quality standards. America upholds a better reputation for quality control and providing safer products to its consumers than most countries, but more improvements still need to be implemented.

For the safety of America, it is imperative to improve border and airport security, create tighter import regulations, and maintain the right to bear arms to succeed in fortifying our country.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy