Trust and Safety: Safety for a teen in the 21st century

sunshinehk
To feel safe or to gain safety, trust and responsibility play leading roles. How would we trust a government that doesn’t work towards goals in favor of the public? How would we feel safe in a school that doesn’t take responsibility for their pupils? How would we trust parents that are not accountable for their actions to keep us safe in our homes?
Personally, I feel that as the world grows and expands, trust among each individual decreases and contracts. These days, to keep an ordinary home safe, we locate alarm systems and other sort of gadgets to keep intruders out. Why, because we don’t trust each other. So in an environment, such as the 21st century, it is out of the question to feel safe amongst the other billions of people that we share this planet with. But alas, the trust that we share with our parents, school and government is an entirely different matter.
Parents are the people that have brought us so far in life. I feel that trust in each other is what makes a family. The bond that a family shares with each other is utterly priceless and can never be broken, no matter what. I strongly trust my parents to keep me safe at home and keep my home safe because of the bond and attachment we share with them.
A school or my school for example, is responsible for each student from the time they check in at class till the final bell rings. If the pupil is unsafe during those hours it is the school’s responsibility, unless a prior notice has been issued. Personally, I trust my school to keep my education environment safe. This is evident because of the way my school respects student safety and has a strong emphasis of this in the school value: Nobody has the right to physical or emotionally hurt another.
The government is responsible for the entire national security of the country. Thus, the members of the government have earned their way to become the leaders that they are. I respect this and believe that our national security is safe with the government because we depend on them and they depend on us. Without the public the government doesn’t have anything to govern, without the government the public won’t have a law and order.
In conclusion, I feel that when someone is in the wrong it affects everyone. For example, due to the rise in unemployment rates, there has been an increase in crime. So when there is a problem the government should take action immediately before the event snowballs into a crime that affects more people.