Trust and Safety: Take Control

elizabethc
Cyber-bullying happens every day to thousands of teens. Just envision the millions of teenagers that have some sort of social network? Since most teens have a social network, think of all the bullying that happens on the internet. Do you think the sufferers of bullying can be protected from schools? In my opinion, schools can’t keep students safe.

Timber High School students get bullied on social networks all the time. What does Timber High School do about it? Nothing. Timber High School should reprimand bullies even though it’s online. Words hurt people’s feelings even if their not saying it in person. Timber High School isn’t the only school doing nothing about cyber-bullying.

All over the world, students are menacing other students online. 1 in 3 teenagers are victims of cyber-bullying. Many of the victims of cyber-bullying have a change in moodiness, behavior, sleep, and appetite. Schools need to take a stand and punish online bullies that have hurt other people. I don’t think it is right that schools punish bullies inside of school but outside of school bullies get off punishment free.

Cyber-bullying is demoralizing student’s lives and the schools aren’t doing a thing about it. Teenagers who are affected by online bullies are often depressed. Cyber-bullying can be so damaging that victim’s commits suicide. There are four known cases of teens that have committed suicide because of online bullying. When will schools understand that cyber-bullying is severe and that it’s happening everywhere?

I don’t believe that schools can keep us safe. Students are already afraid to come to school and see their bully. The online bullies that have ruined teen’s lives should be penalized for their actions. Do you think that its fair students terrorize other students and they don’t get in trouble? Schools around the world need to start punishing online bullying because cyber-bullying is going too far and needs to be stopped at once.