Trust and Saftey: In a Jaded World

mynameislynn
My deepest concern in todays society is honesty. People can trick themselves into believing lies. I know this because I've done just that. People neglect the truth so that they won't need to put up with the consiquences. There is only one problem with this delusion: it doesn't work. Think about what would happen if everyone was openly honest with one another. Crime would be minimal, people would be less often hurt, and everyone could recieve much needed help. Many would argue by saying: oh, I'm just fine. But are you? When was the last time you left your door unlocked at night? Walked by some tough looking men and not feel a small surge of fear? When was the last time you could easily say, yes I know someone I can trust to tell any of my deepest secrets, worries or fears?
One look around and you can tell people are suffering. They need help. They need someone who will listen- without criticizing or persecuting them. Someone who will accept them for who they are and help them to acheive higher goals. Who will pull them out of there suffering and sooth all there needs. Well, it turns out that I know such a person. His name is Jesus.