STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: False Protection of Nonsense

Zacgamer01
Staring at the red sheet attached to the wall in my homeroom, I silently read the senseless and odd procedures to myself. “How in the world are these procedures supposed to help us in such threatening situations?” I asked myself. Were these things clearly and logically thought out or they here to “comfort” concerned parents? I fail to see how hiding under a small, wooden desk will save you from a destructive, horrifying tornado.
In general, I don’t trust our shaky institution that can’t effectively hold up our safety on a sturdy foundation. Schools come up with these strange procedures for different threats and haven’t clearly, or directly, explained to me or other students on how these routines are suppose to save us. I simply don’t trust my government in successfully protecting my national security because there has, without a doubt, been some form of corruption within our government in the past, and it makes me feel uneasy. Out of all the institutions I really only trust my parents in proficiently protecting me.
Schools have seemingly ineffective procedures and haven’t come up with a logical solution to extinguish threats that threaten people within schools. Not only do they not effectively prevent external dangers, they fail to form an answer to racism, bullying, and fighting that occurs within the school. However, I can things from their point of view. It’s difficult to stop external hazards simply because they are just that deadly, but hiding under a desk for a tornado? Seriously!? I’m pretty sure that they could come up with better procedures when it’s given more thought. Plus, I haven’t even heard of what the routine is for terrorism. That just shows how concerned the school is about enormous things like that. I also understand that it’s difficult to pay attention to internal fights and things like that because it’s hard for teachers to catch, it’s too specific, and can be done in any part of the school, but the school needs to be paying attention to these little details because they will cause major problems over time.
I’m not an expert and don’t know much about politics or governments, but hearing about corruptions from the past and how it spreads makes me very uncomfortable about our government. How do we know that they’re still not in corruption? I’m definitely not saying they are corrupted, but it just makes you nervous thinking about it. Their responsibilities are major so one little slip could make a large negative effect. It’s not that I don’t trust them because I think they’re full of corruption, it’s because I don’t feel secure in their hands because of all the negative possibilities. Secrets would just promote these thoughts because we don’t know what they’re doing and can’t put our inputs into it.
I definitely trust my parents because I know how they are, and they know how I am. They have an excellent idea of what situation I’m put in and not how to act accordingly.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy