Trust and Safety: False Protection of Nonsense

Zacgamer01
Staring at the red sheet attached to the wall in my homeroom, I silently read the senseless and odd procedures to myself. “How in the world are these procedures supposed to help us in such threatening situations?” I asked myself. Were these things clearly and logically thought out or they here to “comfort” concerned parents? I fail to see how hiding under a small, wooden desk will save you from a destructive, horrifying tornado.
In general, I don’t trust our shaky institution that can’t effectively hold up our safety on a sturdy foundation. Schools come up with these strange procedures for different threats and haven’t clearly, or directly, explained to me or other students on how these routines are suppose to save us. I simply don’t trust my government in successfully protecting my national security because there has, without a doubt, been some form of corruption within our government in the past, and it makes me feel uneasy. Out of all the institutions I really only trust my parents in proficiently protecting me.
Schools have seemingly ineffective procedures and haven’t come up with a logical solution to extinguish threats that threaten people within schools. Not only do they not effectively prevent external dangers, they fail to form an answer to racism, bullying, and fighting that occurs within the school. However, I can things from their point of view. It’s difficult to stop external hazards simply because they are just that deadly, but hiding under a desk for a tornado? Seriously!? I’m pretty sure that they could come up with better procedures when it’s given more thought. Plus, I haven’t even heard of what the routine is for terrorism. That just shows how concerned the school is about enormous things like that. I also understand that it’s difficult to pay attention to internal fights and things like that because it’s hard for teachers to catch, it’s too specific, and can be done in any part of the school, but the school needs to be paying attention to these little details because they will cause major problems over time.
I’m not an expert and don’t know much about politics or governments, but hearing about corruptions from the past and how it spreads makes me very uncomfortable about our government. How do we know that they’re still not in corruption? I’m definitely not saying they are corrupted, but it just makes you nervous thinking about it. Their responsibilities are major so one little slip could make a large negative effect. It’s not that I don’t trust them because I think they’re full of corruption, it’s because I don’t feel secure in their hands because of all the negative possibilities. Secrets would just promote these thoughts because we don’t know what they’re doing and can’t put our inputs into it.
I definitely trust my parents because I know how they are, and they know how I am. They have an excellent idea of what situation I’m put in and not how to act accordingly.