STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: Cyber-bullying and my stang for justice

[email protected]
I have seen people beaten up and tortured by words online just because they are different from everybody else. These issues need to be resolved or we as society need to be responsible for our own actions, but guide others in the right direction. I can look at someone and never know that they are beaten and torn up inside because we think and block these issues from our minds, just because they have a computer does not mean they have to use it. The government is not to be blamed for, but we ourselves are our own enemies. We think just because we can't see them, does not mean aren't hurting them. Cyber-bulling has become more popular, in a word, because the more technology we produce the more room we have to not get caught in the act. I personally think that television is to be blamed for this issue. The amount of violence and destruction on it has gone to our heads and transformed our view of matters. We can not distinguish TV from reality. People vent and lash out their emotions by attacking other people's vulnerability instead of dealing with their own emotions and reflecting on their own thoughts. The concept of TV has changed because my father tells me all the time that TV was not like this in his day. He always said that they were more cautious on what they put on TV. In reality, I believe, that this does happen on it's own, but with peer pressure and the power of being in control of someone's emotions. If you play with emotions, you can hurt someone pretty badly without even throwing a punch. Cyber-bullying wouldn't perhaps even happen if we had to look the person in the eye. We as people, need to be more cautious of our thoughts and think twice what we are about to type or say. Kids and even adults may not even realize what they are doing, but going along with friends trying to "fit in" with the crowd. I say it is cool to stand for what you believe and protest for what is right. Even though you are just a kid, you can make a big difference in the world by just saying one word- stop.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy