Trust and Safety: Cyber-bullying and my stang for justice

[email protected]
I have seen people beaten up and tortured by words online just because they are different from everybody else. These issues need to be resolved or we as society need to be responsible for our own actions, but guide others in the right direction. I can look at someone and never know that they are beaten and torn up inside because we think and block these issues from our minds, just because they have a computer does not mean they have to use it. The government is not to be blamed for, but we ourselves are our own enemies. We think just because we can't see them, does not mean aren't hurting them. Cyber-bulling has become more popular, in a word, because the more technology we produce the more room we have to not get caught in the act. I personally think that television is to be blamed for this issue. The amount of violence and destruction on it has gone to our heads and transformed our view of matters. We can not distinguish TV from reality. People vent and lash out their emotions by attacking other people's vulnerability instead of dealing with their own emotions and reflecting on their own thoughts. The concept of TV has changed because my father tells me all the time that TV was not like this in his day. He always said that they were more cautious on what they put on TV. In reality, I believe, that this does happen on it's own, but with peer pressure and the power of being in control of someone's emotions. If you play with emotions, you can hurt someone pretty badly without even throwing a punch. Cyber-bullying wouldn't perhaps even happen if we had to look the person in the eye. We as people, need to be more cautious of our thoughts and think twice what we are about to type or say. Kids and even adults may not even realize what they are doing, but going along with friends trying to "fit in" with the crowd. I say it is cool to stand for what you believe and protest for what is right. Even though you are just a kid, you can make a big difference in the world by just saying one word- stop.